Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fruits, Veggies, and Frugality


Today's Bountiful Baskets Haul. And this was a HAUL! 



Check out what I paid for all of this. It astounds me every time I buy in. (twice a month). $62.25! I mean, that's amazing. Just the first list of fruit/veggies would cost over $60 at the local grocery store.

If you've ever thought of trying out bountiful baskets let me encourage you to do so. Or, rather, let my photo, list of fruit/veggies and the dollar amount I paid for it, do so! 

2 Living Butter Lettuce
8 HUGE carrots
4 acorn squash
10 bananas
10 little pears
8 green bell peppers
14 roma tomatoes
10 huge Fuji apples
16 Moro or Blood Oranges
2 bunches of asparagus
= $30 (This was 2 basket orders at $15 each)

2 zucchini
6 small limes, 1 lemon
1 tomatillo
2 yellow onion
1 bunch of onion
3 bunches of garlic
1 small bit of ginger root
1 bunch cilantro
2 avocado
2 ancho or poblanopepper
5 jalapeño pepper
= $8.50 (Mexican Theme Add on Pack)


3 beets
1 bunch of celery
2 bunches of chard
1 bag spinach
1 bunch parsley
= $8.00 (Juicing Pack)

12, 6 oz boxes of blackberries (Fruit Box Add On)
=$14.25




Total bill for all of the above = $62.65


(I may have put some of the items in the wrong list as I didn't really pay attention to what was where when I unloaded it all. Just FYI.)

No comments: