Friday, February 23, 2007

I have been watching the news a lot lately. Not sure why, I don't really like the news. but it got me to thinking.

Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears, (don't click me off, I know you're thinking, good grief they've even invaded the blogs!) They are everywhere, on national news, CNN (continuous coverage no less!) even local news. LOCAL! Neither of these girls are local, so why my local news???

This morning, after seeing yet another "news clip" about Anna's baby's father saga, and Brittney's tirade at the paparazzi, I thought WHO CARES! I'm sick and tired of these ladies. Then suddenly it hit me. I know who cares...God. They are so lost. Hollywood is lost. I watched pieces of Oprah's Oscar thing last night and frankly I was ambivalent, I don't care about these people. They have everything, and nothing at the same time. They are empty. I enjoy a good story like everyone else, and I am glade we have talented actors who can act out a good story for my enjoyment. But I don't care about their personal lives, they are usually train wrecks anyway.

Wow, was I convicted. Is anyone in Hollywood speaking the Truth to these troubled lost people? Is there anyone in their sphere of influence who can tell them of the unconditional love of Jesus?

I have realized that Hollywood is one of the biggest mission fields today. Is anyone there? Did anyone tell Anna about the Savior before she died? Did she know? Will anyone tell her baby? Is anyone going to come alongside Brittney at rehab and tell her of The Healer?

I think I would rather go to the deepest, darkest, most dangerous, jungles of South America, than try to spread Gods word to the hurting in Hollywood. How sad. Is anyone telling them? They are searching for peace, looking to Scientology, Kabbalah, Buddha, and on and on and on. Is there anyone to tell them of the Prince of Peace.

I pray someone is...


"Does Anybody Hear Her"
by Casting Crowns

She is running
A hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction
She is trying
But the canyon's ever widening
In the depths of her cold heart
So she sets out on another misadventure just to find
She's another two years older
And she's three more steps behind

Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?
Or does anybody even knows she's going down today
Under the shadow of our steeple
With all the lost and lonely people
Searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me
Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?

She is yearning
For shelter and affection
That she never found at home
She is searching
For a hero to ride in
To ride in and save the day
And in walks her prince charming
And he knows just what to say
Momentary lapse of reason
And she gives herself away

If judgement looms under every steeple
If lofty glances from lofty people
Can't see past her scarlet letter
And we never even met her

He is running
A hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

yes, the whole thing makes me really sad for her, and really, really sad for her baby. I hope a sensible, loving and wise person raises her.

I guess some people just seem more lost than others in a flashier, bold way. We do need to reach out to the everyday lost ones around us.

I liked you post, thanks for sharing your thoughts.