Saturday, March 29, 2014

What is this thing you call 'A Blog'?

I think I've forgotten how to blog, to write at all really. It requires time and complete thoughts and those are things I seem to be having less and less of these days. I guess that's not true, no one ever really has 'less time' it's just what our time is filled with and these days mine is filled with teenagers and a husband. I thought things would get easier and less busy once they got older, and in some ways it has, but in many ways it's busier. 

So, for today, to help me get back into the grove of this thing called blogging that I used to love, I shall go with a template.

Outside my window...
It's a beautiful day. Cold front came through last night and cooled things down and got rid of the humidity. Sun is shining my tulips are blooming, horses are grazing in the field behind our house. It's happy outside today. 



I am thinking...
About next school year. Decisions, decisions. Trying to remember to keep it simple and not over-think everything. As they get older the stakes get higher as far as their education goes. 

I am thankful...
For my husband who loves me, healthy kids, a happy contented life. God is good. 



In the kitchen...
We're enjoying our Bountiful Basket veggie co op. Lots and lots of fruit and veggies every two weeks for me to figure out what to do with. It helps me to stay creative with our food and learn new things. For instance, I made bok choy last week! I almost burned down the house making the Asian Chili oil to put in it, but that's another blog post. 

I am wearing...
My pj's. Still. At 11:30 AM. I love Saturdays!

I am creating...
I've recently picked up my knitting needles and crochet hook again. I've made several baby blankets for my (KIDS) friends who are having babies. (Know what will make you feel old? Knitting baby blankets for friends of your children who are starting their own families!)




I am going...
To a baby shower today. This lovely girl is actually younger than my oldest son. (HI. I'm old). She and her husband are having a boy and I crocheted them a cute blanket, hat and booties set.)

I am wondering...
If anyone is ever going to fold the towels that have been sitting on the couch for a week. I think I may be the only one who can see them. 



I am reading...
The latest Janet Evanovich book. She cracks me UP! I'm also reading A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty by Joni Eareckson Tada. I figure if anyone has something to say on this topic, it's her. 

I am hoping...
This new med I'm trying that is actually working a little bit (Pain is down by about 50% I'd say.) is not giving me high blood pressure. But I think it is. I've borrowed a blood pressure monitor so I can check it over the next couple of weeks. It is a side effect of this med for some people and I think I might be one of the unlucky ones. Bummer. This is the first med that's actually made any difference. 

I am looking forward to...
I am actually quite content. There are several fun events in the future that I will enjoy, our summer vacations, watching my 2nd child graduate from Fire Academy, celebrating all the spring and summer birthdays in the family, but I think I can honestly say that I'm really just enjoying the now. 

I am learning...
That sometimes God allows a hard thing to happen, to teach us something, or perhaps, to keep a worse thing from happening in the future. It's hard to trust during the hard things, but I'm learning. 

Around the house...
The tulips that I planted in December have come up and bloomed! I generally have a black thumb so I am so very excited about this!




I am pondering...
What God has next for me, after my days of homeschooling are over. That day is fast approaching. What else am I good at? I don't know. I guess I'll have to figure  that out. 
Also, hubby and I are considering taking part in a new ministry our church is starting up. Praying about what that will look like. 

A favorite quote for today...
I'm still laughing at the somewhat altered idiom that my hubby used to give some sage advice to his daughters regarding dating and the importance of choosing a spouse wisely...
"One boy with a job is worth two on the beach."  ~ Daddy

One of my favorite things...
My kitchen aid mixer. I love that thing. I use it constantly. How did I ever manage to cook anything before that beautiful piece of equipment came into my life?


A few plans for the rest of the week:
I have to get the tires rotated and balanced, and the title transferred on Ev's new (to her) car. Prep for my co op class. Start thinking about what I'm going to cook for Easter. And get those stupid towels folded and put away...you know, just the regular and the mundane. I love regular and mundane.


I hope your week is filled with regular and mundane because that means everything is going smoothly  and who doesn't love that? 



No comments: