Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, Ruthie!

Dear Ruthie,


You don’t get to choose the family you’re born into, but you do get to choose the family you marry into, as they say.

I’ll admit that having you and Rachel as sisters in law, sweetened the deal as far as becoming a Staalsen. I’m continually thankful that God brought me into this family. (I wonder if Rosa felt the same about the three of us when she married in? Or perhaps those three crazy Staalsen Ladies we were a deterrent! Haha)




You helped me get ready on my wedding day. 


You loved my children like they were your own.



 You’ve been there for me in so many ways over the years; a listening ear when I needed one, a girl to laugh with, a sister to roll my eyes alongside as our husbands got injured yet again on those darn bikes, a fashion & decorating consultant (the world thanks you for that one) and simply a friend.


Not all sisters in law can say they are also friends. I am so very glad we can.

I could go on and on about the ways you've enriched my life and that of my children. You and Dan have poured into them since they were babies and I never once had to worry or be concerned about what they might learn or hear from you. I knew I could always trust you would give them a loving, godly example. Do you know how rare that is?

I love you, Ruthie and I wish you the happiest of birthdays!


Tricia

No comments: