Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Little Glitter Goes A Long Way!

Just in case you were wondering, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I have simply been swallowed whole by my schedule!

I haven’t had a moment to think, much less update my blog, for days. I don’t have much time now either as I must get out to the store and the library. But I had a funny thing happen the other day I have to tell you about.

I went to Wal-Mart and they were having a huge sale on girl’s jeans. As my girls are growing at alarming rates, the jeans I bought them just a few months ago have been outgrown.

Anyway, I bought several like this, with embroidery and glitter. Once we got home I stuck all the jeans and various camo shorts I got for the boys in the wash.



When the dryer beeped I went to get all the new clothes out, and imagine my surprise when I opened the door to the dryer and a big puff of glitter came out. I almost choked…on glitter!

Well, needless to say, the boys’ camo shorts are covered in glitter. They were none too happy about this. This stuff is like glue! I’m telling you, they could use this stuff in one of the alphabet agencies to track people. Forget that high tech tracking stuff; just spray some glitter on them. It’ll never come off! They’ll be able to see them sparkling form outer space!

Also, this glitter has been spreading its way through my house. When I sit on the couch I see glitter, it is in the kitchen, and it is even on my bed. I feel like I’m living in Barbie’s Dream Castle or something.

Does this stuff ever biodegrade?

No comments: