Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's in a name?

I've had more and more poeple from my real life reading my blog lately. It's sorta like worlds coliding. When I first started this blog, no one in real life read it. Only my cyber freinds. Then my real life freinds started reading it too.

When I first started it Sir D was uncomfortable putting our real names on the interent. I respeced that and only used my first name and used alieses for the kids. You can read the post where I explain our internet aliases here.

I'm not really sure if they're necessary anymore or not. I shall have to think on it some more.

On another note, Sir D and I are supposed to be going away for a weekend getaway with our RV this weekend for our anniversary. The place where we are going was struck by a tornado (yes, in January), and now they are calling for snow and ice and freezing temps this weekend. It was almost 70 earlier in the week. sigh.

I must say that we have more trouble celebrating our anniversary. Feb 1st is a terrible time to get married in TX. It is so hard to plan your anniversary. It could be 70 and beautiful or it could be sleeting/snowing. You could have tornado's or snow. Texas weather!

Also, I'm getting over the flu. That is why the blog was so quiet. Coughing, sneezing, crackly lungs, sore throat, headache, fever, the whole works. yuck. I've not left the house since Friday of last week. TOday though I must go out to the store no matter how I feel. We're almost out of toilet paper. YIKES!

Today I must muster up the strength to go on a run. (funny, that meant something totally different back when I was younger)

(Please forgive the disjointedness of this post and any grammatical or spelling errors, I am still on cold medicine. I have no excuse for the other posts with spelling and grammatical errors, however.)


2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

My hubby feels the same way about using the kids names on my blog. Aliases are a pain though! Hope you feel better soon.

cuponklipper said...

Wow, thanks for the explanation. I think it's funny you call us people from your real life. Blogging is real, right....? Uh...