Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm not gonna lie to ya...

Reentry's been a wee bit tricky.

We came home from our two week camping trip, late at night and tired and dirty. We smelled of campfire smoke, as did almost every article of clothing we owned.

My car is a completely different shade of brown and there is gravel on the floor. Not dirt, gravel.

There is MUCH to do when one gets home from a two week camping trip to the mountains. Much, much to do.

Here's the problem. We came home right in time for co op to be ramping up, college registrations and for my own personal little homeschool to get started.

I feel like I jumped in after the race was half over!

I have gotten out of bed each day and hit the ground running and not stopped until I fell into bed at night.

The sad thing is, I don't feel like I've accomplished anything when I fall into bed at night. The to do list is getting longer not shorter.

I think I have decided to simply stay in bed today. Think anyone will notice? Yeah, I know. It was a good idea anyway.

One day, Sir D keeps telling me, my schedule will be my own and I will not have all these little people dictating what I do when. But I don't believe him.

Also, have I mentioned that it's HOT here??? I don't do so well with all the HOT.

I want to go back to the Mountains where the cool is.

sigh...

The phone's rung 3 times in the last 10 minutes (and it's only 8:30 AM!) Bob has requested a ride to his job, and a pick up when he's done. Will just asked me to help him find his college books for his classes, the girls need me to check all their chores and I still haven't gone to the grocery store since we got back.

Somehow I don't think my stay in bed plan is going to work out too well...

Reentry is hard. Let's take a moment to enjoy the pretty....




Ahhh.


1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

very pretty. Re entry IS hard- I am feeling lazy...