Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Don't let those serious faces fool you.


If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I should really just let this photo speak for itself, but I think we all know that's not going to happen.

My SIL sent me that photo and I just cracked up! I LOVE it! We went hunting/camping this weekend with Sir D's Brother D and his family. We had a BLAST. I just love camping. No cell reception, no internet, no interruptions. Just family and laughing and conversations and making memories. It's really want it's all about.



It makes my heart melt to see Sir D traipsing off to the pond with the girls and fishing poles or off to the woods with the boys and their guns. I almost burst with contentment when I sit around the campfire listening to Sir D and His Brother D telling stories from when they were kids growing up in the jungle. The kids laughing and listening intently for the ending of the story like they haven't heard it a thousand times.



To me those are the moments that make the family. Those are the memories my children will take into their families. I pray that they will one day, sit around with their siblings surrounded by all their kids and tell the stories like the ones they lived this weekend.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

That is awesome - both the picture of your girls and the fact that you all enjoyed each other. Yeah for family! :-)