Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Never too many skirts...

I saw this tutorial on Randi’s blog and decided I needed to make some for my Ann. She is my girly girl and loves to wear skirts. I have several pieces of cloth sitting around my house just itching to me made into these cute skirts!



Last night (okay, all stinkin’ day yesterday!) I cleaned out the girls’ drawers and closet. Holy Clothes Horse, Batman! there were a lot of clothes in there! And this does not include the two boxes of summer clothes still in the attic. I know many of the summer clothes have migrated down to their closet already as usually happens in Tx when you can start having 80 degree days in January.

Back to the skirts…

After cleaning out her closets and getting rid of tons of outgrown clothing, I realized that Ann has 15 skirts. Yes that is correct. 15. And I did not count her dresses. How did this happen? Good grief, it’s nuts!

So, I don’t think I’ll be making Ann any skirts. Maybe I can talk Eve into letting me make her a skirt? Maybe if I let her pick the fabric? She only has 4 skirts. Yes, that’s it. Eve is getting a skirt weather she likes it or not!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I thought your Eve was around the same age as my Madi...yep, she is! Madi has not a single darn skirt. She has ONE dress. She likes skirts, but they have to be just the right length and style. I always look at Randi's tutorials and think "Oh I could whip one of those out and maybe she'd wear it", I am sure she would, with her crazy orange converse hightops and three or four tshirts layered over each other.

Tricia said...

Oh, Sheri I had to laugh at the three or four layers of t shirts and converse! Our daughters would definitely be friends in real life!

Tonya said...

Maybe you could make one for MY Anne (Rebekah). She loves skirts. Abigail doesn't like them anymore (so she says). They are so cute!