Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Fiji



Is this not the most beautiful place you have ever seen? I am going there! Well, maybe. You see, my wonderful dh and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in about 3 years. I told him for 20 I want to go to a beach. Not just any beach will do; no, I want a beautiful, tropical paradise in a country where they don’t speak my language. Fiji, I want Fiji!!

My dh and I got married young (Well I was young; just out of high school, he was 3 years into college.) We started our family right away, so we never got a real honeymoon. Don’t get me wrong, we have gotten away now and then. We have great friends and family who watch our kids for us occasionally so we can have some alone time. But we have never had the honeymoon experience, or at least not the one that all the romantic movies I’ve ever seen, suggest every couple must have.

So, after 20 years of marriage, I want the whole honeymoon experience…tropical paradise, white sandy beaches, drinks with umbrellas in them brought to us as we lounge on a secluded beach for as long as we like, watching the crystal clear waters sparkle.



I have told dh of my fantasy; you know, the beach, umbrella dinks, people who don’t speak my language. His response? How about Miami or Corpus Christi, they qualify?!?!?!?! Very funny. I had to add that I want to cross an ocean to get there, and I don’t mean the Gulf of Mexico!

So for the next 3 years I’m saving all my pennies to go to this wonderful tropical paradise. Perhaps I need to print out this photo and pin it to my bulletin board. Maybe find a way to make it pop up on my computer every time I’m about to hit the “purchase” button. Or, put the photo in my wallet next to my cash so I’m less tempted to shell out $4 for a cup of coffee.

We’ll see if it actually happens; it is 3 years away. A lot can happen in three years, but a girl can dream, right?

No comments: