Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm a big fat cheater.

It is day 9 and last night I cheated. I ate a cookie last night. Never have I felt so guilty for eating a cookie. Sir D the Saboteur gave it to me. He felt guilty. He said he didn’t know what to do. He stopped for dinner on the way home and he wanted a cookie but he didn’t know if he should get me one or eat one in front of me. He didn’t know which choice would be right.

I asked him if he ever considered eating the cookie on his way home or not at all? He said no. That had not occurred to him.

So I cheated.

I only have one more day to go. The thing is, the diet is not actually finished on Thursday. I just get to add in a few more things like lean meats. Oh happy day. I never thought I’d be so happy to eat meat. I have tilapia fillet’s waiting patiently for me in the freezer. I know exactly what I am going to have for dinner on Friday night. I can’t wait.

After 21 days total (that would be Monday March 9th for those keeping score) I will be eating chocolate for dinner.

Okay, I jest; as much as I hate to admit it, the nutritionist is right. I do feel better and have more energy. I know my body is happier with me for not filling it with garbage in the form of refined sugar and copious amounts of caffeine. I will not slide completely back into my old ways, but I am totally eating chocolate and coffee again, just in smaller quantities. Really.


1 comment:

Tonya said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I still wish that she would have told you that large quantities oc chocolate would be good for you. :(