Monday, May 7, 2007

7 Random Things Meme

*****UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM OF POST*****

I have been tagged by Halfmoon Happenings. I have to say that I am totally relieved to be tagged Tokay. I seem to have hit a blogging wall. I was blogging about milk cap rings the other day, for goodness sake!
So here goes…seven totally random things.

1. I bite my nails. I know, what a horrible habit. I have bitten my nails all my life. I can remember biting them so much as a child they would bleed and sting, and throb. Nuts Huh? I don’t bite them like that anymore, but If I don’t have my fake nails on, my nails split and I bite them. So I usually have pretty, purchased nails.

2. I don’t like water. I love coffee, coke and tea. In order to be friendly to my kidneys I only drink 2 cups of coffee, and one Coke Zero (love that stuff) a day. The rest of the day I drink tea. It is not too sweet, and I make it with decaf tea bags so my Dr. said it counts as water, whew!

3. I have Fibromyalgia. I hate Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago. I have had strange undiagnosed pain in my hips since I was 20. I have been tested for just about everything under the sun over the last decade or so and stumped all the doctors. A little over a year ago the pain suddenly went everywhere and they tested me for Fibromyalgia. Bingo.

4. I have 4 kids. I always wanted at least 6. After baby #4 and no $. DH said no more. I was very sad and mourned no more babies. Now that I look back I can see God’s hand in it. I can’t imagine having a baby or toddler with Fibromyalgia. I do still miss babies, but I am really enjoying my older kids and I wonder if I would be able to enjoy where they are in life right now If I had a baby in tow. Not to mention on the days where I’m In a lot of pain, they would have to help, a lot.

5. I hate spiders. I mean really hate. Like as in certifiable paranoia. Once I screamed and flailed and almost brought down the shower curtain because a spider was on me in the shower. DH walked in and calmly asked, “Spider?” Seriously, if we had a camera on me when I thought there was a spider on me we could win great gobs of $!

6. I met my dh when I was in 6th grade! We did not start dating for a few years but I knew him. He was an older brother of a guy in my youth group. I thought he was hot! (BTW, I was right)

7. I read, A LOT. I love to read. I love, love, love, books. I twirl my hair, just like my grandma when I read. I keep a book list and I run somewhere between 75 and 100 books a year. DH asks me to please read a few less books and do a few more loads of laundry. :o)
I will think on who I am going to tag. Later today I’ll add my tagees.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!.

*****UPDATE*****
Because I am having decision issues today, I have decided to take the easy way out. I really want to hear 7 random things about all of you!
So if you're reading this consider yourself tagged! You're IT!
Now, leave me a comment telling me you're playing and I'll come read 7 Random things about you.

2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Thanks for playing!

Brenda Christmas said...

Oh no, I read too far! lol

1. I have two cats. I sometimes talk baby talk to them. I did not talk baby talk to my kids.

2. My brother saved my life when he was 3. Well, according to my parents. After shutting 5yo me in the broken fridge in the basement, he went upstairs to watch TV. They asked him where I was. He told them. They ran down the basement stairs and were relieved to find that I was still alive if pretty annoyed that my brother did not open the door to the "rocketship" after I flew it to the moon and back ...

3. A surgeon removed my perfectly healthy appendix last month, for which I am still peeved.

4. Christmas is my favorite holiday, which is why I blog about getting ready for it all year long. :-)

5. I once held a live alligator in a Louisiana swamp. (It was a small-ish one.)

6. I was a single parent homeschooler, which is why I had a blog called "Confessions of a Single Parent Homeschooler." It's now called "Confessions of a Single Parent Author and Editor."

7. My daughter saved my life last month when she rushed me (at 2:15am) to the ER. After removing my perfectly healthy appendix and checking my gall bladder, the surgeon decided I had diverticulitis, and that air had leaked through a hole in my colon and would have caused my death if I hadn't come in.