Monday, May 14, 2007

My Nemesis

I hate mosquitoes. They are quite possibly the most vile creatures on earth.

I am sitting up at 2am, covered in mosquito bites. I have at least 70 bites, and they ITCH! I am not a normal person, no my bites get nickel size and ITCH for days, really like, 10 to 12 days!

So here I sit, covered in Benadryl cream, and yes I know not to use to much, but, at this point I'm willing to risk a diphenhydramine overdose; it's that or tear my own legs apart with my nails.

We were camping for Mother's Day this year and I guess I made a tasty treat for the vile beasts. My kids and the other adults that were with us are not covered, only me. Want to know why? DEET!

I bought this new Off product because I hate the feel of Off, so I thought this would be great. It was, no sticky feel. It also does not work, AT ALL!!! It has no DEET. I did not know this when I bought it. I NEED DEET!

I will never, ever, ever, stray again. Never.

People, If it does not have DEET, It is just strange smelling perfume!

I must go now, I need both hands to scratch.

2 comments:

Katie said...

We are very fortunate to not have many mosquitoes in our very rural area. Last year on a road trip we pulled over on the side of the road to do some child rearranging and picked the worst spot ever to stop. As soon as we opened the door we were all covered! Our van was filled too. We jumped back in and sped down the road with the windows wide open hoping to blow them all out. When we stopped again I counted the bites on Macy's legs. She had 27 from her right knee down! Yiy! Poor kid!
What am I saying here? I feel your pain!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Oh poor you! Like Kathleen said, we are fortunate to not have too many mosquitos around here.