Saturday, July 14, 2007

The boys are back!


The boys made it back home safely. B is 6lbs lighter than when he left and G is without his voice, but other than that, they are all in one piece.


It sounds like they had a great time. They had great things to say about their week at camp and, G came back humming the music from the worship band that was there. He really wants to get the CD. The guy’s name was Scott England.

It is really bittersweet to watch one’s little boys turn into men. They are good boys who love the Lord. I hear over and over from the other adults on their lives, from church and in the family, what great young men they are. I am blessed. Yes D and I have worked hard raising our boys, but it is only by the Grace of God that they are who they are.

It is because the Holy Spirit is working in my boys, and not some great parenting technique that is turning them into the men they are becoming. The Lord has really blessed me with these children I have.

In this culture where there is such a great chasm between the generations, such angst between parent and teen, such complaining and eye rolling. I wanted to put it out there. I love my teens.

Yes parenting is hard, yes it is tiring, yes there have been days that I was ready to throw in the towel and get in my car and just drive away. But sticking in there, working on those relationships, not giving in to the culture that says it is normal for teens and parents to hate each other, well, it has been worth it!

Of course I don’t know what the Lord has planned for the future; I may be singing a different tune before they are all out of the house. I still have two girls to get through the teen years.

1 comment:

TheNormalMiddle said...

Awwwh, that was very sweet...I don't have teens yet, but I'm enjoying learning from people like YOU before I get there! :)