Thursday, July 19, 2007

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Well, we’ve packed everything in the camper, short of the kitchen sink, but only because it already has one.

I have packed more books than the kids can read in a month. I have packed enough books on tape to get us to Alaska. I added new songs to all our MP3 players, (yes we all have them), and purchased a new plug in thingy so that when all else fails, they can watch a movie on the laptop.

I think I have managed to make it possible for us to make it to our family vacation destination without having to speak to each other at all.

I have to take B to see the Oral Surgeon tomorrow, first thing in the morning. He is going to take an X-ray to see if he’s been wired long enough. We are praying he gets unwired.

Then we come home, load in the car and head off for Colorado.

How’s this for trust…I have absolutely no idea where we are going. I have the name of two of the five State Parks we are staying at, and I know the state we’ll be in. That is the extent of my knowledge of this vacation. I do know however, that once we are out of our neck of the woods, D is going to start asking me for directions.

I am going to laugh and remind him that he told me to relax, it’ll all be okay, we have a map, we’ll find it.

I love family vacations!

The blog will be quite for a few days. Something tells me I might have trouble finding a Starbucks to pop into to check my email and update my blog, up in the back country of Co.

See ya in two weeks, unless we run out of books on tape and have to come home early.

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

For a minute there I was amazed and thought you were actually going to drive from Texas to Alaska! I was wondering how the jaw was doing. Praying that he gets unwired tomorrow!