Saturday, July 7, 2007

I will not be sick, I will not be sick, I will not be sick!

I’ve not been quite myself for the last few days. I’ve been tired and grumpy and irritable, like I have PMS, except I don’t.

Then yesterday evening, I started feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat, then my head started to feel heavy, then I started sniffling.

Sigh, I am getting sick. I slept terribly last night because every time I lay down, my head would fill and I could not breathe. I got up around midnight and took some Benadryl. UGH! I hate taking that. It is 9am and I am still groggy.

This particular sickness has me a bit nervous. You see D’s brother’s family have all been sick, really sick. My SIL had pneumonia and has been down for almost 8 weeks! 8 WEEKS! I have tried to be helpful and take my nephews now and then and bring them meals, but I think no matter how many times I washed my hands; I have brought the plague to my door.

See, the thing is, I don’t have time to be sick. I have one kid with a wired jaw, which translates into many dr visits. Both boys are going off to camp tomorrow, which means many, many loads of laundry must be done today, plus lots of running around to procure all the necessary items for the boys.

I also have D’s other brother’s girls here until Monday because my bil and sil are out of town. Usually that is not too big of a problem; my girls and my nieces are the same age and will keep each other occupied, but it is 6 kids to feed, bathe, and water instead of 4.

I have to have all 6 of these kids spit and polished and at the church at 8am tomorrow to get the boys off to camp before the service starts. Getting anywhere by 8 am is difficult on a good day.

And did I mention D is on call this week which means he has to work all day today? He is pretty busy the week he is on call and not much help around the home front.

Add to all that, we are leaving for a 10 day camping trip to the mountains in 13 days and you have all the reasons why I can’t be sick.

And sadly, with Fibromyalgia, when I get sick, I get sick. Whatever sickness I have, add to that a whole body ache and you have my kind of sickness.

I am praying for the Lord to be merciful and I’ll wake up tomorrow and feel all better.

Off to take some Tylenol, and then play a game of Clue with the girls. I wonder if I can play while I lay on the couch.

Perhaps I can just yell from my prone position…”It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the lead pipe!”

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am feeling for you. No fun getting sick, especially as a busy mom. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago, but it doesn't really bother me anymore, so I don't even think about it. I do get that whole body ache sometimes when I am sick and just want to lie down wherever I am standing. Hope you get some rest. Will pray that you feel much better in the morning.