Saturday, October 20, 2007

Forget all the shoes, look at the pretty hat!

I thought I'd show you a few of the projects that I have been working on. So as to distract you from the last Imelda-ish post.



This is the hat I just finished for A. I am going to make one for E & T as well. I think it is just adorable.


I know it will be hard, but try to pry your eyes away from the face of my adorable A, and look at the hat. Pretty cool huh? It is quite soft as well. I am proud of myself because, while I have known how to make a hat for quite some time, I just now figured out how to do the little foof on the top. (yes, foof is a technical crocheting term)

Here is another one I made because I was given ton's of this yarn and I have to do something with it. I think I'll make a scarf to go with it, and keep it around for the next kid birthday party we go to...or something.



And here is the thing I'm still working on. It is an afghan for my dad. I have been working on it off and on for almost a year. I think I could have had it done sooner, but it is really hot to sit with this thing on your lap while you crochet, when it is stinking hot and humid outside. And in TX it is often stinking hot and humid. But now that Fall has finally decided to grace us with it's presence, I can work on it again.



This is what I have been doing while I have been stuck here at home recovering from the shingles.

BTW, I am doing much better, still have some pain, but it's really so much better.

Itchy and Scratchy are doing better although they still have some spots and are still contagious. They feel fine which makes them grumpy that they have to be confined. I have given them till Monday. Then I'm letting them free weather they are better or not, because if I don't, someone might get hurt!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh Tricia! Those are gorgeous! Now I want to learn how to make hats and scarves and crochet and all those artsy-fartsy kinds of things.

So when are you coming over to teach me?