Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Think They Call it Shingles Because the Skin on My Back and Side look Like Roof Tiles...

1 Peter 6-11

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.


I am holding on tight to those verses right now. I feel as if I’m being devoured. I have Shingles. I got this pain that just kept getting worse and worse, like no pain I’ve felt before with my Fibromyalgia, and that’s saying something!

I finally developed a funny rash, then the rash started to HURT! Like when my shirt would rub against in it would take my breath away.

So D said “Please, please, please go to the DR.”

See here’s the thing with me and DR’s; I spent 10 years of my life going to various DR’s about the pain in my hips, and they tested me for everything under the sun and then decided I was nutty.

Finally I was diagnosed with FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrome). At least now I’m not nuts (well only a little).

So I am hesitant to go to the DR for fear of hearing the “well, we can’t find anything wrong with you…” given with a condescending, you’re nuts look on their faces.

But I went to a nice, new, lady DR here in town. She took one look at my rash and said, “You most definitely have Shingles, and aren’t you in A LOT of pain???? And why have you not come in sooner???”

So I’m on the ‘you must rest and drink lots of fluids, and Oh yeah, you’ll be contagious for the next month’ program now. I can hear all the spinning plates crashing to the ground.

This is really, really, really, really not a good time to be sick! And did I mention it is not a good time to be sick?

‘And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast’

I’m holding on tight to this one God.

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

oh, oh, poor you! I will definitely pray for you Tricia! I have heard this is the worst pain ever! One of my sons got it when he was 6 and I thought he was just over dramatizing his rash. Boy, did I EVER feel like a HORRIBLE mother when I finally took him to the doctor!!! Who expects a 6 year old to get shingles? Anyways, will be thinking of you.