Saturday, October 13, 2007

A little business…

First an award, because I love awards.

Cheryl over at Homeschooling Journey bestowed upon me this lovely honor. And now I’d like to thank Cheryl, the academy, my mom and of course God. Hehe, I jest because I love!

Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much…”

Seriously, thank you Cheryl.

And now for the Shingles update. A few of you have asked how I am doing and I’d love to report that I am healed!!! But sadly, that is not entirely accurate.

My spots have healed over and I am not getting any new ones so I’m not contagious anymore. However, the pain and fatigue are still here, although not to the same degree, so I am slowly getting better.

This morning I took E out to Target and Payless (two of my favorite places) to buy her some new shoes. We found two pair, and went into Target anyway, because it was right next door, and I haven’t left my house for close to two weeks…and I am weak.

We bought a few more important things for her because she is growing like the preverbal weed and none of the winter clothes from last year are going to fit her when fall decides to honor us with it’s presence. It seemed a bit silly to buy a sweater and jacket and long sleeve shirts with it’s almost 90, but hey, what are you going to do; Target is not selling short sleeve shirts anymore, because they go by the calendar. Not real handy in TX when Fall often does not really start until mid November. But I do have my nice new fall picture on my blog to look at, so If I turn the AC way down, I can pretend…

And the great ramble comes to abrupt and unceremonious halt…

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh Tricia, I LOVE your fall picture! So pretty! Sigh... you're blog is so homey.