Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Our First State Folder



We finally finished our first State folder. I posted in the summer about what I was planning and I thought you all might like to see a finished product.

We did lots of fun atlas activities, real lots of stories that took place in our state, and put some Colorado facts in their own state notebooks. I am using the Simply Stated curriculum for this study. (FYI All the links are in the other post).

It took us three weeks to do Colorado because we did not do it every day; in fact we only did it maybe twice a week. But that is okay, I knew we would be doing this for at least two school years.

G, E, A, & T are all doing this study together.

If you knew me and how NOT creative I am, you’d get why this is such a big deal. I am not a scrapbooker. I made one once for my MIL for a gift and decided that this would be the first and LAST scrapbook I ever did. My SIL, who also homeschooler makes these amazing lapbooks with her twin boys, they are really something. Just looking at them gives me hives and great guilt at the same time.

So you see why this folder is such a big deal for me! The plan is to have one folder for every state, and have an entire binder full of State information. (Of course it may take till highschool to finish, but that is okay!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That looks like such a fun idea!