Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Black Friday can be a black day indeed!














This is my first WFMW Post, because I rarely have anything useful to add, and yet I blog daily...hummm.

Anyway.

Last year on Black Friday, I did not go shopping. It is my goal really every Black Friday, to not go shopping. I hate shopping on a good day, and Black Friday is like a bad shopping day on crack. No thank you.

However, I am a sucker for a good deal. So last year, I got up early, (8am!!! Whoo Hoo for me!) grabbed a cup of the good coffee and…got back in my bed, in my pj’s, with my laptop and did me some online bargain shopping.

Here’s the trick; many stores have in store pick up. So I got many, many good bargains, and just have them hold them at the store. That way I can pick them up at my leisure sometime after the crazy-shoppers have gone back to work. Also, no shipping! Of course, I take advantage of free shipping whenever I can, but many shops require you to spend a certain amount before they’ll give you free shipping and if you overspend just to get the free shipping, well, not much of a deal anymore is it?

So there you have it.

PJ’s, the good coffee, my laptop, amazing Internet deals, free shipping, and in store pick up; that my friends is how to spend Black Friday!

You can go read more Works For Me Wednesday posts here.


5 comments:

Wanda said...

AMEN, Sister!
I will do anything...but not shop on that day!

WHY? It's ridonkulous!

Stay home....do it your way...and relax.

Shopping on Black Friday causes more than just road-rage! It causes shop-rage!

People are mean and rude.....I see enough of that in my world.

Sandy said...

...a bad shopping day on crack... that is too funny. I feel exactly as you do about shopping. I did not get the female shopping gene.

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

I avoid crowded stores. My husband doesn't mind them. I'm staying home today! I like shopping via internet-saves time, money and stress.

rainydaymichele said...

Great idea, Tricia. :) Hope you had a productive shopping "trip" :)

Lynn said...

What a great idea! I never thought to use the computer to shop locally :o!