Saturday, November 22, 2008

Something to think about.

I thought I would share an email I received from Compassion International. I was thinking that many families might be looking for something special to do for Christmas this year. Not everyone can commit to a sponsored child indefinitely, but this is a way to help out with no commitment. It is a small price to pay really. But the impact will be huge.

Dear Tricia,

Would you be willing to provide short-term assistance for children who don't yet have sponsors?

More than 150,000 children are on our waiting list right now. They live in abject poverty, and every day is filled with hardship, pain and extreme risks.

Your gift of $30, $60, $90 or more to Compassion's Unsponsored Children's Fund will provide immediate assistance for one or more of these children while they wait for a regular sponsor.

Please donate now. And thank you for your faithfulness to children in need.

Sincerely in Him,

Dr. Wess Stafford
President

P.S. If you would like to sponsor an additional child on a regular basis, click here.

1 comment:

Meredith's Memoir said...

Good morning!
My name is Meredith Dunn and I work at Compassion International. I came acorss your blog this morning and I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your support and advocacy. It takes the hands, feet, and voice of everyone and we want you to know that we are grateful for all that you do.

Blessings on you and your family,
Meredith Dunn