Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beauty at the End.

Yesterday I posted about the gloomy day. And gloomy it was. But it was a good day to stay in and get lots and lots and lots of laundry done. Which we always have, lots and lots and lots of laundry that is.

However, after a day spent doing laundry and listening to the rain and the sounds of the laundry machines we packed up the kids and headed to Sir D’s brothers house for dinner with three of the four brothers and their families. We do this now and then, just because.

Anyway, on the way up there I saw something I have never seen before IRL. It was a rainbow, but not just any rainbow it was the most vivid rainbow I have ever seen and it was complete. I could see it from beginning to end. There was an amazing sunset taking place on the West side of the sky through the passing storm clouds.

And on the East side was the most glorious rainbow I have ever seen.


But it got better. Right before our eyes, on the way to go spend the evening with family, we watched a second rainbow develop over the first.

The sky was filled with a double rainbow, both complete, and the first was so colorful it almost took my breath away.

How can you witness such indescribable beauty and not believe in a Loving Creator?

I’d love to say I had my camera with me but I didn’t. The above photos are courtesy of the local TV station, but those photos are of the actual sunset and rainbow I witnessed.

2 comments:

Christine @ Serenity How? said...

Wow! That's absolutely gorgeous! How nice that you not only got to see it, but photograph it. Stunning! :-)

Halfmoon Girl said...

You are so honest! That must have been a beautiful sight. I love the pic of the red bird below as well.