Monday, April 9, 2007

Menu Monday




Okay, It's time. Like Karen over at Growing in Grace, I too have fallen off the wagon of good health. I am tired of coming up with good nutritious meals for my family.

I can't have eggs, my dd has a FATAL allergy to ALL dairy and my dh feels like if it does not have ALOT of meat in it, it's not a meal. So meal planning has become a chore and no longer fun.

On a positive note, my kids are not picky. They love most any food, and eat A LOT of it. If I did not have all these dietary restrictions, feeding this family would be fun. Brussels Sprouts are one of their favorite veggies for goodness sake!

So instead of waiting till 5 and digging through the fridge for yet another version of the sandwich, I'll plan this weeks meals in advance and shop for the ingredients today! I WILL be organized! I WILL!! I WILL!!

So here goes...



MONDAY - Mac & Cheese (noodles and fake butter for dd)
Fish Sticks
Fresh Brussels Sprouts


TUESDAY - Spaghetti
Garlic Bread
Salad


WEDNESDAY - Tacos & Tostadas


THURSDAY - Grill cheese (ham for dd) sandwiches
Chips & grapes (no meat in sight, not a good night for DH)


FRIDAY - C.O.R.N (clean out fridge night)
Or if there are no leftovers - Pizza


By the way, I realize these are not the most healthy of meals, and some of them are not really cooking, but I'm trying to use up what I have. When I plan for next week I'll include more homemade healthy meals.

And thanks to Lauren for helping me get organized!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Your menu looks great!
Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

Unknown said...

Yummy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich month?
Take care.

Karen said...

Looks like a great start! Maybe we can encourage each other along the way! I followed through on Monday, how about you?

Aisling said...

I've never been organised enough to post photos on my menu monday post.

Tricia said...

UGH! Not even one week in and I may have to drop out.
I still have not cooked the Brussels sprouts and we did not have the spaghetti last night, we ate whatever, from the fridge.
Tonight, we'll have spaghetti and Brussels sprouts tonight! :o)

BTW Ukzoe, you gotta love Google Image! :o)