Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When Nightmares Become Reality

I’m sort of kneeling down in the shower. The water is running down over my face and into my mouth. I don’t like it, it feels funny. I can’t breathe. I try to swallow but there is too much water. I feel funny. Finally I swallow…

My eyes shoot open and I am wide awake. Something is wrong, terribly wrong. I think I just swallowed a bug, or something. I lay in bed trying to decide what I should do. I am freaking out! My heart is racing.

I swallowed something, but I have no idea what! I get up and drink some water. My insides feel funny. What if it bites me on the way down? And EEEW! EEEW! EEEW!

I think after an hour of thinking about what kind of wildlife we have around here that could be currently taking up residence in my insides, I finally fell asleep again.

My insides still feel weird this morning. I am drinking lots of hot coffee in order to kill whatever it was, you know, just in case the stomach acids don’t do it.

I just can’t get it out of my head. Usually when we encounter a creature like this…

I run the other way and my children take pictures to taunt me with later. How do I run away from something in my digestive system?

EEEW! EEEW! EEEW!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh, gross. How do you feel? Ick, I think I'd just creep out over the whole thing. I don't even mind bugs, but inside me. Ewww.

Tricia said...

I'm trying really hard not to think about it!

I've almost convinced myself that the whole thing was really a dream and I didn't swallow anything at all.

EEEW! EEEW! EEEW!

Homeschool Journey said...

Stick to the "It didn't really happen" thought. That's what I'd do. Think happy thoughts.