Monday, August 25, 2008

And...We're off!

This is what the kids woke up too this morning.


Every year I try to get them a few new supplies, and a treat. It seems to soften the blow if I give them their assignment sheets with something sweet.


Here is the teenager backing out of the driveway on his first day of college.


And here he is driving away. I am equal parts proud and sad. He will be home before noon, though.


Here is Eve...


And here is Ann...


who both decided that because it was the first day of school they should dress like it was actually Fall. This will quickly promote a problem since it is going to be close to 100 degrees today.

We're going to do a half day, then go out for lunch and join a few friends for ice skating. I guess at least the girls will be dressed appropriately for that.

2 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

We start school next week, hope you day is wonderful! I always wanted to wear my new winter clothes for the first day of school....

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

We start next week as well - hope your day was great. I am teaching three for the first time and am nervously anticipating how it's going to be. :) (6th grade, 1st grade and Kindergarten)