Thursday, August 28, 2008

As Good old Winston Says...

Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
~Winston Churchill
Speech given at Harrow School (1941-10-29)



So earlier today I was feeling a little glum and perhaps even morose.

I am having a lot of fibro pain which makes me mad, and then resigned to my fate, and then glum and eventually morose. It is a pattern I have perfected over time.

The Lord knew I needed a special word today.

As I was cleaning my bathroom, because the ick factor had reached a point where even I couldn't stand it. I was in a lot of pain but determined. I was frustrated that I had to do this in pain and how unfair that people all over the world can clean their bathrooms without pain, and woe is me and all that.

Ann comes up to me and watches me for a while. Then she says totally out of the blue, and also totally out of context but I'll take it where I can get it...

"Mom, I'm glad you are my mom and never give up on teaching us."

Hummm...

I think I could take those words and turn them right around.

"Father, I'm glad you are my Father and never give up on teaching me."


No comments: