Friday, August 8, 2008

It is as if the forces from the dark side are against me.

***There will be no photos to accompany this post. You'll thank me later.***

We’ve had a relatively slow week so far. Not that I’ve gotten much done; well, I did clean off my dresser that had been dubbed Mt. Stuff by Sir D, so that’s something. But that backroom still looks like a homeschool bookstore gone bad. The point is the girls have not had anywhere they had to be this week. The boys have had a pretty light week too, though they can get themselves where they need to go.

However, we have a busy weekend planned, and several things early next week. All things that we have to do as a family.

So guess what happened last night while I was signing up kids for co op next year. Vomiting. Ann started vomiting. I am happy to say, she was home with Sir D and not with me at co op, thought I’m not sure he would agree.

Why did she not get sick on Monday? We literally had NO responsibilities then. But no, she gets sick on the Thursday night, right on the cusp of a busy weekend.

Ahhh, the joys of parenting. My agenda for today will be calling all the people we are supposed to see this weekend to say “sorry, vomiting”.

Has anyone else noticed my complete lack of sympathy for my poor sick baby? Yeah, me too. This must be what happens by the time you get to #4. I have no more sympathy for puking kids. In fact, I don’t really want to get too near her as I really, really, really don’t want to get the vomit virus myself. I think that automatically enters me in the running for this year’s ‘Worst Mom of the Year’ award, don’t you?

And, just as a public service announcement, don’t type puking into google to see if the correct spelling is pukeing or puking, because you will see photos; and photos of people puking/pukeing in the early morning is just more than anyone should have to bear.

You’re welcome.