Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pear Pie by the Most Favoritest

I split a bushel of pears with a friend of mine last week. That means I have half a bushel of pears. (nothing like stating the obvious). Pears have a tendency to go bad faster than even my pack of wolves can keep up with, so I had to be creative.

Today the girls and I made Pear Pie. It was quite yummy.



What? Doesn't everyone use the computer while baking?



Wanna see what the guys were doing while us girls were baking? Napping while watching soccer. I'm not sure exactly how one watches soccer while sleeping, but they were. Every time I tried to turn it off, cus you know, the sleeping they would tell me very grumpily to turn it back on.



Lest you think they are lazy bums, they were up LONG before I was this morning working and doing yard work, so they did earn that nap.



Back to my pie. It was YUMMY! so yummy that we actually had it for dinner.

Pear pie for dinner.



To quote Ann, I am currently the most favoritest mom on the planet.

Pear Pie Recipe

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Ingredients:

4 to 5 fresh pears
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie

Preparation:

Line pie pan with half of the pastry.

Peel, core, and slice pears. Place pears in pie, mounding slightly towards the center. Combine sugar, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and tapioca; sprinkle over pears. Add orange and lemon juice; dot with bits of the butter. Cover with top crust; vent, trim edge and crimp all around. Bake at 425° for 40 to 50 minutes, or until pears are tender and pie is golden brown.


1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

mmmm, yummy. You would be my fave mom too if I got that for dinner! I am sure there are other reasons your young uns like you so much though. I have a lot of posts to catch up on over here- I got benind while camping and such.