Friday, August 22, 2008

Or Maybe a Nutty Writer?

It seems I will be writing an article monthly for the Homeschooling Association I belong too. I have been thinking and praying about what to write for that first article for a few weeks now. Should I write about this, or maybe that, or that other thing? Humm? I don’t know.

Last night I did not sleep very well. I was kinda achy and sore and just couldn’t sleep. Today I had lots to do which included yet another trip to Wall mart (I know. I’m like a dog eating grass, I know it’s bad for me and yet I continue to do it.) and a stop off at Sir D’s office.

Once I got home I was tired so I decided to lay down for a nap. I started to drift off to sleep and right then, WHAM! Just like that, the article came to me.

It is so weird how my mind works. The whole article was just there, like someone was reading it to me in my head. I know how this works. I knew there would be no sleeping till I got it down on paper (virtually of course), so I got up and started typing.

In a matter of minutes I was done. Boom, just like that. It’s like I have no control over it. It comes when it wants and leaves when it chooses.

How do people write on a deadline? The thought freaks me out. What if ‘it’ chooses not to come in time?

Are all ‘writers’ (and you know I use that term very, very, loosely) like this or am I just nuts? On second thought, don’t answer that.

No comments: