Monday, March 10, 2008

I’ve got soap and I’m not afraid to use it!

I am meeting a friend at Panera today. I got here early because I needed to write up my grocery list while I was here, and yes I cannot do that without my computer because all my recipe’s are on my computer.

So here I sit, waiting for my friend and writing very important things like shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste and bread. And while my mind is totally focused on this very important task of procuring necessities for my family, I can’t help but hear the conversation of the three businessmen at the table next to me. They are probably a good 10 2 years younger than I am, and the way they are talking makes the mommy in me want to walk over there and wash their dirty mouths out with soap!

Now don’t get me wrong, what they are talking about is not all bad, it is work talk, business stuff. But it’s the way they are talking about it. They have belittled every member of their offices, while using every four letter word in their vocabulary, many I’ve never heard used in that particular way. They’re very creative with their vernacular, these men.

And let me tell you the southern momma in me wants to go ask them if they kiss their momma’s with that dirty mouth and then wash it out with soap! Good grief people!

You’re in PUBLIC, have some couth for goodness sake.

UGH, what is this world coming too? They look like nice well dressed respectable men, but don’t let that fool you, these boys need to be taken out behind the woolshed!

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I would love to have seen you actually do it! I think that nothing sounds more unclassy than people using foul words in everyday conversation- just not necessary.

Tonya said...

I'm so "old" I probably would have said something. I may have tried to make it sound funny or cute, but I may have just told them to please control their tongues. Yep, I'm old. I definitely would have said something if the kids were with me. Like "could you guys tone it down a BIT? There are children here!"

Anonymous said...

Well, let me say that our world is changing in so many ways. I can't tell you how many times with have been out at a family restaurant and a table close to us starting throwing the F-word around with both my daughters are present. Of course as soon as they hear it their heads go up, their eyes shoot to their dad. He has said something too many times to other individuals that insist on talking that way in front of me and my daughters. My husband asked our best friends father to please not use that language in front of our daughters and the father got mad and left the party. You are so right "Get some cooth people". The wood shed sounds good to me.