Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tomorrow the BEACH!!!

But first I must get up at the horrible hour of 5 (yeah, did you know 5 happens twice a day? Me neither!) and cage all of my children into the car that is packed so full that you’d think we’re driving to Montana instead of Galveston (which is, consequently, in the same state we live in).

I have packed, sorted, cleaned, checked, double checked and triple checked. Then loaded some more.

Now I am going to bed. Whatever I forgot we’ll just have to live without. I’m not too worried about it. We’ll pass a minimum of 10 or 250 Wal-Marts between here and there; we can always buy something if we need it.

So things will be quiet here on the Hilltop for a week. Have a good spring break!

Sand and sun, here I come!


6 comments:

Sleep-Deprived said...

Have a wonderful time, but uh, that photo isn't of Galveston is it? (Being a Pacific-Coaster) I seem to remember a rather brown-cast to the gulf coast water (though it was a lot warmer than what I'm accustomed to). Either way, enjoy yourself. Got quite a chuckle out of the Wal-Mart observation :) When I pack up our crew I think the same thing but insert "Target". :)

Tonya said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation. I can't wait to see pictures when you get back!

As we leave for a trip, I always say "only the kids matter, we can buy anything else!" :-)

Anonymous said...

I only wish our water here in Galveston really looked that blue. But, as long as we can dream, why not. We live in a small town about 15 miles north of Galveston. My daughter and her buddies went to the beach on Saturday and had a great time. Left the beach around 6 pm and headed over to The Spot for an awesome hamburger. After filling up on hamburgers, french fries and coke the caravan of teenagers started for home. As my daughter is turning off of 61st street to enter onto the entrance ramp of I45, two car in front of her decides to stop so the person in front of her slams on their brakes stopping while my daughter glances in her rear view mirror and hit the stopped car. She was fine just really shaken up. However, my truck was left with most of the damage. I am just so blessed that the truck was the only thing damaged. The girls and people in the other vehicle were not hurt.

Amanda said...

Oh so jealous! We went to Galveston around this time last year, and had the best time ever. The water was colder than normal, but we still had a blast!

Tonya said...

Hurry back Trish! I miss reading your blog!!!!!!!! Hope you are all having a fun, relaxing vacation.

Tricia said...

Tonya, we did buy almost everything but children while we were gone!

Anonymous, I am so sorry to hear about your daughters accident! It was a ZOO this week as it was spring break.

We also ate at The Spot! YUMMY!

And Sleep-deprived and anonymous you are both right, that was most definitely NOT an actual photo of Galveston in that last picture, however many many of those will be forthcoming! :o)