Friday, July 25, 2008

Donald Who?

A few weeks ago Sir D and I went out to dinner with two guys from Sir D’s office and their wives. And can I just say these people (two of them anyway) look so YOUNG. It really made me feel old. But me feeling old is not the point of this post.

So were sitting there and the men are talking work stuff and the women are talking fashion. I think I would have fared better in the work discussion. I am not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination.

One of the women, well call her woman A, asked woman B and myself what our fashion weaknesses are, you know purses, shoes, clothes? Woman B said shoes and they said all sorts of names I’ve never heard of. Donald something, Jimmy somebody, it was all lost on me.

Then woman A asked me, point blank what my weakness was. Um…well…I don’t really; I mean I’m not really…

Can anyone say awkward?

I don’t have a thing! I mean, I love bags, but they don’t come with anyone’s name attached to them. I do have a documented shoe problem, but again, no one’s name is attached to my shoes, and really it’s mostly a collection of really sad flip flops.

Since that conversation I’ve been thinking about what my weakness is. What do I splurge on? The answer my friends, it is telling.

Books and homeschooling curriculum.

I am a hopeless dork.

Can you imagine the conversation stopper that would have been? “Well, I’m not big into shoes or purses, but what I wouldn’t give to buy the newest version of Rosetta Stone language software and I absolutely can’t wait for the new Susan May Warren book!”

Yeah.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Oh, I am soooo right there with you. I save all the Rosetta Stone coupons I get, thinking that one day I'll be nervy enough to buy the darn thing. Books, curriculum - love. Clothes, shoes, makeup??? What is that stuff? Necessities that I must spend time and energy and money (wasted) on. I suppose the only other thing I love to buy used to be gardening stuff, but even that is not such a priority now - unless the kids are into it! :-)

I don't think you're a dork. I think you have your priorities in the right place - serving your family.

Spoken from one dork to another. :-)