Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Amazing I Have Any Self-Esteem Left.

G Loves pumpkin pies, I mean loves. I almost hated to tell him that pumpkin was a vegetable, and essentially his favorite pie was vegetable pie. But even after he gained that new found knowledge (many years ago) he has maintained his fervent love for the pumpkin pie.

I thought he’d be happy to know that I was bringing the pumpkin pie to Christmas dinner at Auntie R’s house. When I told him, our conversation went something like this.

“G, I'll be making the pumpkin pies this Christmas to take to R's.”

G's response?

"Um, (long pause as he tries to find the right words) Why isn’t Auntie R making them? Could we ask Auntie R to make them?"

Apparently he loves Auntie R’s pumpkin pies.

Humph! :o)

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Yes, motherhood is a humbling experience. At least he tried to be tactful.