Saturday, December 15, 2007

Of Restoration and Shoping

For those of you who were worried sick about My Precious, worry no more; she has been restored to me!

D took her to a friend who actually knows how computers work and he managed to fix her and she forgot nothing! She still remembers all the things I have told her and all the photos I have shared with her over the last year.

First thing Monday morning I am off to Best Buy to buy some sort of hard drive-back up-zippy thingie, so I will always be backed up.

On another note, I am hopelessly behind on my Christmas Shopping. I got such a good start on Black Friday shopping in my PJ's from my bed using My Precious. But things sotra stalled out after that. I have done my family for the most part. I still have a small thing here and there and a stocking stuffer or two. But the extended family! UGH! I'm nowhere.

I'm planning to spend all next week baking, shopping and shipping. I think my out-of-town family will get Christmas cookies and gift cards. I don't know what I am going to get for the in town family? They may end up with Christmas cookies and gift cards too at this rate.

I have to admit that this time of year, when I am decorating my house, doing Advent with the kids, baking my tale off, wrapping everything in site, addressing Christmas cards, shopping, making lists and checking them twice, doing the regular cooking and cleaning for a family of 7 and, oh yeah, educating 5 children; I begin to envy D. He gets up and...goes to work. Wow.

I think I need to go get a job for vacation!

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I hear you. My neigbour once told me that she needed to work outside the home so that she could use her brain. I, of course, did not have a good comeback at the time. It would be nice to dress up and go to work sometime and just do your job, not 500 multi tasking ones! I don't regret being at home though- and I know you don't either.