Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sprinkles!

Yesterday the girls and I made sugar cookies using Pioneer Woman’s sugar cookie recipe. (Just the sugar cookie recipe, not the icing, and I substituted the milk for rice milk so as not to kill my daughter with an anaphylactic allergy to all dairy)

I also got to use my Pampered Chef Cookie Press. This was one of those impulse buys that I regretted all year, because it never got used. But come Christmas I’m singing its praises! It is worth every penny. No rolling out of dough, no cookie cutters, no re rolling out the left over dough, and no flour everywhere, well except from the initial mixing of the dough.

Here’s a funny thing. When I was at the store the other day I picked up some red and green sprinkles because I couldn’t remember if we had any. I also bought some baking powder because I was sure I was out.



This is what I found when I looked in the pantry.

Here are some of the cookies we made.




And because I am a good mom I let the girls make a few butterflies with Spring colors. We had to eat these right away as they just didn’t get along well with all the Christmas Cookies. There was a lot of petty jealousy and bickering about why the butterflies got to wear pink and yellow and orange and they could only wear green and red. You know how Christmas Cookies can be.




***And for those of you who were desperately worried about my winter weather deprivation, worry no more. By the time we were decorating the last tray of cookies, the sky opened up, rain fell from the sky in torrents and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in minutes. Ahhh Texas.

And while I am giddy with happiness about the cooler weather, my hips are aching something fierce from all this weather change! (Yes, I know that makes me sound 80, but what can I say.)***

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Oh, I am so jealous of the cookie press! I have thought about getting once ever since my girlfriend made the BEST lemon cookies with hers. That looks so much better than rolling and cutting. But then what do I do with the tons of cookie cutters I have?

Glad the weather changed for you!