Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to School!



Tomorrow is our first day of school. I don’t imagine I’ll get to posting about it until the late afternoon, so I thought I’d pop in now.

We’re going to do a light day, probably only math, journaling, and Sonlight (history reading).

I have told all the kids that if we work hard and diligently, we’ll do something fun when we’re done.

I’m planning on taking them all to Ratatouille at 1, then we’ll stop for slushies on the way home. Just so you know, slushies are what a family stops for when they have a dairy allergy. No ice cream cones for us, just give us an icee at 7 11 and we’re good.

This will be my first time teaching 5 kids, grades 2, 3, 5, 7 & 10. WOW! When I started teaching my first kindergartner all those years ago, I would never have believed I’d be here. But I serve a mighty big God who specializes in using regular people like me.

I better get busy now. I still have a few things to get together before tomorrow. I know I have those Sonlight books around here somewhere…

No comments: