Thursday, August 2, 2007

Book Review

I’m going to take a break in the middle of my What in the World Are We Going to do This Year? series and do a little book review.

I just finished Moon Over Tokyo. I loved it. I have really loved all of Siri Mitchell books. She is a fabulous writer. I love how her books are not sappy, or I guess there not formula “Christian” books. Her characters are Christians, but they are real people too, with flaws. I guess I like her books because her characters don’t have it all figured out. And as an author she makes you think about why you think the way you do. Sometimes we Christians have hang ups and she has made me think about a few of mine. Are they really what Christ would want me to think, or just something I have grown up believing in the Christian circles? There is sometimes a difference.

A friend gave me Kissing Adrian last year and I loved it so much I went on a Siri Mitchell kick and read all her books. I think The Cubicle Next Door is my favorite so far, but I have really enjoyed all her stuff.

So there you have it. Go get a Siri Mitchell book; you’ll be glad you did!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Tricia,

Glad you are back from vacation. I missed reading your blog!

Tonya