Monday, May 19, 2008

The Beginning of Summer

It is 10 am and I am still in bed.

I have been sitting here with my coffee and my laptop reading blogs, news articles, email, sewing tutorials etc.

The boys left early to go help their uncle who is getting ready to move. The girls are cleaning their room (though all the giggling makes me wonder)

Sir D is at work.

I LOVE summer. I don't love the heat but I love the slower pace. This is our first week of summer. No AWANA, no Scottish Rite for Ann, no Co op, no small group, no Wednesday night youth group. No commitments.

I LOVE summer.

I think I am going to get up and make the burp cloths to go with the blanked I made, or maybe I'll make some cookies to take up to Sir D's new office (I believe in buying people's affections with sweets) maybe I'll take the girls to the pool...

...Or maybe I'll just stay right here in bed, because I can, because no one needs me right now.

How Glorious.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Ummm, that is the definition of summer to a mom with kids over the age of 8. :-) My summer just looks like absolute chaos. With the regular routine gone, the kids seem to go nuts. I'm usually ready for school again after a few weeks. :-) Sometimes we start school early just because of it!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Having 2 children 8 and over, and 2 5 and under, I can see your point, but understand Tonya's as well. I am so looking forward to not driving to piano and such, but my kids can go a bit nutty without routine. I can't really stay in bed...yet- give me a few years and maybe I will be able too.

Tricia said...

Just wait, by August I'll be singing a different tune. :o)

We usually take a week or two off and then get back to some sort of schedule here.

I make them read, and do some math and write ever few days over the summer.

Also they are older, you're right. Your day will come, I promise! :o)

Sandy said...

I'm enjoying the slower pace myself, and I'm getting so much done! How could that be? The miracle that is summer vacation...

Nikki said...

Ahhhh....bliss! Not to be on-call24/7...I long for the day! (but not too quick, I do still have a bit of a thing for tiny cold toes on your back at 6am in the morning!)

Welcome! said...

That sounds a bit like our new schedule. Isn't it awesome?!?!?

Happy Mommy said...

So when the kids get older I can stay in bed? I am so amazed to in shock the thought! I want to go climb in bed right now!