Monday, May 5, 2008

I Might Run Mad!

Today here on the Hilltop we’re going to be talking about coughing; coughing, coughing and more coughing. Why? Because that is all I can hear or do and it is wreaking havoc on my creative abilities.

I have been trying to go on and live my bloggy life and not post every other day about the coughing. But the coughing, it is distracting!

Ann has been coughing since the first of April. That is over a month folks. They don’t call this the 100 days cough for nothing. Only 60 more to go. And I feel that I should point out her that this is not regular coughing. This is a hacking like no other.

Sir D has been coughing too. LOTS. He finally got on antibiotics and they are helping a bit. Eve and Bob are also coughing, but Eve has been on the antibiotics and she only has a small annoying cough. Bob also has the small annoying cough. Will has no cough. How has Will avoided this cough? I have no idea.

Guess whose turn it is now? Yep, it’s mine.

It started on Saturday.

I have an appointment today at 3 for my round of antibiotics. Oh, joy. My body so loves the antibiotics.

And might I add that typhoid Mary Ann is still coughing terribly. She missed 3 days of school last week, and I am not sure how much she’ll be attending this week. I am going to take her today, and we’ll see how she does.

The most frustrating thing in all of this is that even though we all KNOW it is Whooping Cough, it has not been officially diagnosed because apparently Whopping Cough is difficult to diagnosis, and impossible to after the patient has been on antibiotics.

Anyway, whine, whine, whine.

I am supposed to go visit my aunt and uncle with my sister this weekend. I hope I am well enough to do it (it is a 5 hour drive) and I hope the kids are well enough to be left home with Sir D.

Because people, I must get away from the coughing or I shall run mad!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Have you considered making them test you for whooping cough BEFORE you take the antibiotics? My experience is that they don't want to find out for sure. If you are definitely diagnosed with it, it is a huge amount of work for the dr.