Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sadness

1 Thessalonians 4: 13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.

1 Corrinthians 13: 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


There are things I don’t understand. Things like this. Minutes after hearing this tragic news, I also heard on the news about two other children who were hit by cars yesterday in DFW; one accidentally by his mother. All three were killed.

My human mind does not know how to process this information. To call this tragic seems not enough. To say it is horrible seems too mundane.

The only thing that gives comfort at these times is the thought that we do not mourn as those who have no hope, and one day we shall know fully.

My heart grieves for these families.

There is some fear, some trepidation of the unknown. What about my children? Why these children and not mine? Are mine next?

Only the Lord knows the number of our days. I don’t know how long any of my family will be on this earth, but I can tell you that I will hug my children a little harder today. I will be a little more grateful for the one day more I have with them.

No comments: