Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some Call It A Sickness

I think I may have an addiction. Dictionary.com gives me this definition of the word…

ad•dic•tion [uh-dik-shuh n]

–noun

The state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.


My library has ceased its online option for over a weak now and it is causing severe trauma. I can’t request books, I can’t check my account, I can’t renew books, I can’t even look to see if a particular book is even in my library’s possession.

I am told that they are ‘updating the system’. Yeah, whatever.

I am becoming psychologically unhealthy. I have this paranoia that my library has finally decided to cut me loose. I have over 100 books out at any given time and I think they have finally gotten wise to this.

They are singling me out. They have taken away my online privileges. They say it will all be working, new and improved, by tomorrow. We’ll see.

I don’t know what I’ll do if my supplier cuts me off.

Perhaps we’ll have to move into another supplier’s territory.


1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I feel your pain. I have read most of the good stuff in my small town library. I need to start requesting interlibrary loans, I guess.

BTW, you can come visit anytime!