Friday, October 24, 2008

Crisis

I am feeling a little down today. There is crisis happening all around me, like a tornado.

My brother in law’s body is just so broken right now. He can’t do anything for himself. This is a very vibrant and independent man, brought low so very quickly. He is tired. His wife is tired. No one is sleeping. The pain is extreme. The prognosis for healing, while good will be LONG in coming. This will not end soon. And there is nothing I can do.

A friend of mine’s marriage is falling apart. I am in awe of the human ability to destroy. Bad, selfish choices cause everyone to be afraid, and in pain. They tear at each other, out of pain and anger and fear and everyone is hurt. And there is nothing I can do.

I have bonus kids here today; tasked with the job of keeping the kiddos away from the destruction and pain. I am on call to pick kids up from school, have kids sleeping over when their parents cannot watch them. I try to act like all is well, like it is just another day, while watching my friends and family suffer.

Father in Heaven, so many need your healing hand. Do not hide your face from them.


2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I just posted about experiencing the same kind of pain while watching someone I love hurt and struggle. Come have a visit. I am praying for you and your loved ones right now.

Tonya said...

My Mom told me about the whole mess. I knew you had extras the other day and wondered how you were handling all that has gone on this last week. But, hey, party tonight? Please, please, make sure you all give him HUGE grief for being so stinkin' old! :-)