Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Brie taste on a Velveeta budget.

I have been turned onto a new and high-falutin’ snack.

I went to our local grocery, this afternoon, the one I don’t usually shop at. The one that has all the cool gourmet stuff that I can’t afford to feed this pack of wolves.

Anyway, I was hungry and well, one thing led to another and I ended up with this gourmet snack. It was so yummy, I just had to share.

I bought some of those Wellington wheat Crackers,

a block of brie

and a jar of raspberry preserves to dollop on the top.
Good Golly Miss Molly! That is a combination to die for!

Sadly the crackers were about $2.50 for one stack. One triangle of Brie was $6 and the Raspberry preserves cost about $3. That is $11.50 for a snack of cheese and crackers.

Sadly the kids loved it. It is all gone in one sitting. I didn’t even get a chance to take a photo of it for my post before the devourers ate it all up with only a little help from me.

Tomorrow we’re back to Saltines and Velveeta.

1 comment:

Happy Mommy said...

Also really good with pear jam or hot pepper jam...