Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm Trying to Persuade Them.

I can’t begin to express my joy at the current Masterpiece Theater series; Jane Austen. While I am thrilled beyond words (well, not really; in reality, I am rarely beyond words) the men in my family are less so.

Because I cannot convert my sons, I must work on my daughters.

Yesterday seemed the perfect day as it was cold and grey and no one really wanted to do school, least of all me. So while the boys were doing school (it is telling that they would rather do school than watch a Jane Austen movie) the girls and I finished up our three R’s and then started watching Persuasion, which I had waiting for me on my magic TV show remembering thingie.







I must say that it is easier to watch alone than with A, as A is full of questions.

“Who is that lady?”

“Is she going to die?”

“What does 'consolation' mean?”

“What is Bath? Is it like a bath, bath?

“Where are they now?”

“Why do the ladies always wear their hair up?”

“Why does he keep saying 'capital'? Is it like a capital city?”

“What’s with the weird hats?”

“Why doesn’t she just tell him she loves him?”

“Why don’t the poor people and the rich people like each other?”

And I thought we were taking a break from school.

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

You need me to come watch with you. I will whip down with Pride and Prejudice as soon as we are back from our holiday!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I remember great times of playing hooky with my mom from school. They are at the age to ask all those questions though!

Hen Jen said...

goodness! I love the questions, what a riot!

this is one of those times I wish we had t.v., hopefully I will be able to get them on netflix...