Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Out With The Old, In With The New! (I love new!)

What is it about having a bare cupboard that stresses me out? Very few things make me feel more content than having a full pantry and fridge. It’s weird. It’s not really about me so much as it is about providing for my family.

My kids seem to be constantly hungry. Someone is always asking for a snack, and you can tell from the photos of my kids that they are not overweight; they burn a lot of calories running amuck as they do.

Over the last few days we’ve been eating leftovers; a little of this, a little of that, and little by little it has all run out.

So this morning I went to the store and spent the equivalent of the US National Debt buying food. I bought fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and meat. Lots of meat. My men love meat.

I got healthy popcorn, pretzels, cheese sticks and 3 gallons of milk.

We cleaned out the pantry and threw out all the cracker packages with only one cracker left in it and the chip bags with only chip dust. (We’ll tackle that top part later; a girl can only take so much in one day)














See how nice it all looks? This makes me happy. E and I organized the fridge and threw out all the old leftovers, and cleaned it up.














And look at all that fruit!









Sadly, it’ll all be gone by this time next week and I’ll have to do it all over again, but it feels good to throw out all the old and bring in the NEW!

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Looks great! Good for you. I just updated my last post (instead of cleaning out MY fridge). I am just really stubborn which is why I won't give up on one day fitting my old clothes!@